2006/03/19

V for Vendetta















Saw the movie last night.
it was amazing !!!!!!!!

I always get nervous when I hear there making a movie out of a book, or comic that I really love. I was a nervous wreck when I heard Sin city was being made, same with the first x-men. Then when I heard Vendetta was being made I was afraid that some director was going to twist the story to push there own political agenda. Now I don't get worried about these movies being made badly because I don't wish to sit through a bad movie, I worry that someone who is not familiar with the story, who is seeing it for the first time, is going to walk in and see a bad movie, and form there opinion based on what they just saw. I hate the idea of someone hating something, just because some Hollywood fuck did a bad job interpreting the story. Thankfully, my worries about V were for not. The movie was amazing. I have always been a fan of Portman's, and can say in all honesty, it was by far her best performance ever!!! The special effects were great, the fight scenes were choreographed flawlessly. From watching the crowd, I am guessing that the majority of viewers were not familiar with the graphic novel, and I think it is safe to say, the morals of the storey went far above most heads, but still, I recommend it to all, unless you can't handle blood and death. If you get the chance, please watch it, and really try to think about the morals, not just the cool fight scenes.

No comments:

Daily Stoic

A great sight we should all subscribe to;