2005/02/11

College

I work for a rather large company, and before that I worked for a huge company. Both companies had one thing in common, and I see this trend really growing in american business. They hire anyone with a college degree to run the company and work in the divisional level or above. Now, when that is the only qualification you seek for a person that is going to be making serious choices for the direction of your company, I get very worried about the futue of America. I work for a company that is very involved in technology, wouldn't you want someone who actually has some hands on experience making the serious choices. Yet, every company I see, has people who have never even been in the field, never gotten there hands durty what so ever. I recently took a class for work, the book we used was written by some stooge from the corporate office. She came to take notes on how we liked the book, so they could make revisions before it was used to train new hires. As we went through we found lots of errors, but what was most allarming, was the fact that the person, who wrote the book on how to properly use the tools, and the safety techniques we were to use, had never even seen the tools in question. Never seen a picture, never held them, or used them. I have a friend that worked for Intel, in Gresham, OR. Every few weeks they got another supervisor. One week in was a kid fresh out of college with a degree in agricultre, the next week a degree in forestry, ect, ect. What do those degrees have to do with making computer chips? What ever happened to starting out with a company, and working your way up? What happened to having people run your company that actually know how it works. It is now almost impossable to start at the bottom and work your way up to the top. This is a real sad state, and it is no wonder why we are loosing our jobs to over seas companies. We pay people more then they are worth, and hire based on there degrees, not on there skills. We need to take back our country, and our jobs before it is to late.

7 comments:

Markus said...

You looser. Is the welfare of our nation to be left in the hands of someone who has turned a wrench or studied the philosophies that have raised our nation to a Super Power? I have a suggestion. Quit working for companies that treat you like shit. Do something when you are, and get some college education. Where would we be without manuals? Textbooks? Education? I know, we would fuckin be a third world fuckin nation! Who in the fuckin hell do you think writes those manuals and textbooks? Some mother fucker who worked at mother fuckin Wendy’s for 10 fuckin years and fuckin thinks flipping burgers and splashing grease is a qualification for management?
HAHAHAHAH..Same old bri. I know what you mean. There is always someone who is your boss who is an: asshole-bastard- retard-monkey-jizz-mopping sone-of-a-biatch! You just have to fuck as many women, drink as much beer, and be merry;) Oops, forgot, pursue the enlightenment of Nirvana! You Buddha loving bastard!
I’d still works for you, even though my son has a higher I.Q than you!
Markus
(Just thought I would see who could insult who enough to get removed from their blog you COMMY)

Taiki33 said...

Well, once again you over edjamacated mutterfucker u totally miss my point. I'm not talking about people who get a degree in a field, then go work in it. Those are people doing the right thing. My bitch is with people who get a degree in the matting habits of the imbred yeti, then decide to go to work for intel or microsoft, just because of there degree in Yeti droppings. 96% of the management for the current company that I work for have never worked in the field. They have no idea what we do, or how we do it. All I am bitching about you dense fuck nut is the fact that a degree is shit, unless it is actually in the field your working in!!!! A degree should not be a automatic job. I'm sorry, but the idea of a philosophy major being incharge of the people building the safety devices I use every day. To fall or not to fall. Do we trully fall, or is it just a figment of our imaginations? Are we really here, or are we just the dreams of some other being? Do you fucking get my point now, or do I need to get a slide show, and some flash cards for ya?

Markus said...

Hey, the mating habits of the Yeti could be useful, especially if you work with one! Anyway, you don’t really think that all you learn in college is your major emphasis? I agree that Yeti matting has nothing to do with plugging someone’s television in, but they more than likely took a few courses in management/business/ethics/logic things which are not understood by Wendy workers!

One thing I love about these blogs is I get you use naughty language;)!!! I’m only depressed that no-one reads them but us!
Forever yours:
M
p.s did you see the gobys I have at work? Very cool! Would make a good addition to a small community tank!

Markus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Taiki33 said...

Hey, just cause you sit through a class and get a passing grade does not mean you learned anything, take me as a cass in point. I took some rather difficult classes and passed with very good grades, but yet I am still a idiot, and remember nothing from the course. And who fucking cares if someone sat through a business management, or ethics, or anything else. Doesn't mean it meant anything to them, or that they can remember anything from that class. Yet because they have a fucking piece of paper saying they took it, there automaticly put to the head of the class. I mean look at when we worked at safeway, and all the stupid dumbass shit we heard. Those bright ideas were coming from college educated cock whores that had never worked in a store in there lives. All I am saying is just because you have a degree, doesn't mean you should jump to the top, if there so tallented, starting at the bottom and working there way up should be a piece of cake. Cream always rises to the top, right? So they should have no problem spending a year or two in the trenches. Call it there internship if you wish. But don't you think a company would be ran so much more efficently if this was standard practice. I would not pretend to know someone elses job if I had never done it, or seen it done, and would never even think of writting the manulas, and setting the standards and precedures for something I have no idea how it works. I don't fucking care how many college degrees I had. Thats total bullshit, and that is why we are starting to get beat in the world by other countries. People say we are loosing jobs overseas because of the wages, but thats not the only reason, it's allso cause they manage so much better then they do here. Look at Germany, or japan, or any other country that is starting to steal our great nations thunder. But who fucking cares, with bush in office we will all probably be dead in the next couple of years. So what in the fuck am I bitchin about.
I didn't see the godies you had. But I have been thinking about getting some. I have a community tank that would be great for them. But there probably out of my price range right now. So I'll have to wait on them.

Markus said...

You know, this thread has gone on long enough. I can’t even think of something witty to say. You have made me dumber with your argument. Everyone is dumber after reading your argument.
I ask you this last question. What is dumber, the guy with the degree’s taking a job he or she may not understand well enough to step into, or the retard who hired them for the job?
But, much of what you said is as dumb as a yeti poking a chick in the da-butt and then saying huh huh, woops, sorry! (Remember that one? Heheh the wife and I still laugh about that one!)
Come down to the store dude, we have some new fish that are hot, hot, hot!

Markus

Taiki33 said...

Yeah, it's pretty sad when you can here your brain cells killing them selves just to end the pain. "I can't take it anymore!!!!!" "Da, pain, da, pain!!!

Daily Stoic

A great sight we should all subscribe to;