2005/11/22

Being Sick Blows!!!!!!!!

Ok, ok, I admit it, I'm sick, my son is sick, everyone around me is sick!!! This is the first time my son has been really sick, and it made me think back to when I was his age, and had my first real illness. So I thought I would share this little trip down memory lane with everyone. My grandmother, who moved to the states when she was 18 from Germany, would always demand that she take care of me when I got sick. Now her, being stuck in her german mind set, and never trully understanding the concept of a drinking age, considered tea, laced with a shot of booze, and a spoonfull of honey, with just a few drops of lemon juice, the cure all for all illnesses. Now after a intense questioning of my ailments, she would begin the brewing of the tea, hot water, ad tea bag, wait till water is slightly brownish, it's,,,,,,ready, ok, now a coupls drops of lemon, fine fine, were wasting space, ad very healthy spoon full of honey, more, more, ad just a bit more, got to keep those cute little bee's employed. Now to the bathroom medicene cabinet, aka the wet bar, and begin mixing. A splash of gin, just a drop of bourbon, oh a smidge of rum, stir and then chug, repeat till you start to fill better, or just don't care how crappy you feel. Now, I would be lieing if I didn't admit, I spent most of my teenage years desperatly trying to find sick people, and trying to convince them into coughing on me. So, please take your fancy medicenes and cough syrups, and shove them up your ass, give me a jar of honey, some crappy tea, and a bottle of rum, I'll happily trade a flu, for a hangover. Anyone else feeling a little under the weather?

No comments:

Daily Stoic

A great sight we should all subscribe to;